Hadn't been born yet.
2. When Mt. St. Helens blew (5/18/1980)
I don't remember. I only vaguely remember hearing about it at the time.
3. When the space shuttle Challenger exploded (1/28/1986)
Between classes, 10th grade, Blaine Senior High. Someone mentioned it in the hallway & no one believed him. Then when I got into English class there was an anouncement on the intercom & we watched the tv coverage for the rest of that class hour.
4. When the 7.1 earthquake hit San Francisco (10/7/1989)
At my friends Brian & Mike's apartment in Fargo, ND. We were studying, and drinking.
5. When the Berlin Wall fell (11/7/1989)
I don't remember it specifically, but I was in Fargo. Therefore I was probably drinking.
6. When the Gulf War began (1/16/1991)
At the house in Fargo that I was sharing with 3 friends. When Saddam first invaded in late July/early August I was at Ft Gordon, GA having just finished basic training.
7. When OJ Simpson was chased in his White Bronco(6/17/1994)
I don't remember. I know I didn't see it live, just heard about it later. I know I was in Fargo so I was probably drinking.
8. When the building in Oklahoma City was bombed (4/19/1995)
I didn't hear about it right away. This was the day after my miscarriage and 4 days after my Grandma died so I wasn't paying much attention to the rest of the world.
9. When Princess Di was killed (8/31/1997)
At my frined Dawn's apartment watching movies. We were up pretty late so we actually caught the first reports. Most people didn't find out until the next day.
10. When Bush was first announced President (11/7/2000)
At work. Should have been drinking.
11. When terrorists flew airplanes intor the World Trade Center (9/11/2001)?
At work. We all listen to headphones because our job is dead boring. At first it was "Oh my God, a plane accidentally hit the WTC" Then we heard about the 2nd one. We didn't get much work done that day, as we kept updating each other with the news that we got from the different stations we were all listening to. I didn't actually see the footage of it until about 8 o'clock that night, because I wasn't around any tv's.