1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
1000 mile road trip (2000 mile round trip) just to meet an actor/singer I have a serious case of lust for.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any. Never do.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Is Dec. 30th close enough? My brother & his wife had a baby boy, Xander.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank the gods, no. Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Wisconsin count? *grin* Actually, I went to Canada for the second time in my life.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
I gigantic pregnant belly. And chocolate covered potato chips.
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched your memory, and why?
Not many specific dates. A few specific things...
March something: Finally saw Duran Duran in concert!
May something: The first Serenity preview. hellbob got the first spot in line and we got to meet Ron Glass. The movie completely blew us away even with all our expectations.
End of August: SFX in Toronto. A fun road trip with a friend. Made a new friend. Met many celebrities including James Marsters, and SQUEE'd a lot!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This might be surprising to many of y'all, but it was getting an A in the Photo I class I took. The first couple assignments were difficult for me and I started out with a C average in the class and worked my ass off to bring it up to an A. In contrast, I slacked off big time in my Illustrator class and still got an A. Guess which one I'm more proud of?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Never got ambitious enough to look for a different job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
You mean other than this bronchitis crap I've got right now? Nope. No real illness to speak of and no injuries either.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new velvety corset top is pretty cool. I also bought hellbob a Nano for Christmas. And my Canon Digital Rebel XT SLR. I ♥ my new camera!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
hellbob. He's still here putting up with me. *grin*
And genevra. She's succeeded in the challenge of raising twins and is one heck of a mom. The GiggleMonkey & TechnoMonkey are lucky kids.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
'Brownie' and FEMA's lack of response to Katrina.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Booze, drugs & whores... Er... Um...
Actually, to paying for this house we live in, utilities for the house, and whatever shiny baubles happened to catch our attention because we are technology whores here in the HellHouse.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our Big Damn Shiny Movie! Serenity! It was so good and so much better than we could have hoped for. Also, I met James Marsters! And touched him!
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2005?
Oral Giraffe by BoRd, First of May & Baby Got Back by Jonathan Coulton, For What I Need by James Marsters, My Chauffer by Duran Duran.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder?
Actually, about the same. The good things are still here. Not really any new bad things.
II. thinner or fatter?
Fatter. Must start DDRing more.
III. richer or poorer?
Both. We had a few more 'oh my god we have no money' moments this year, but over all we have more money and a more stable future.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Also more knitting, quilting, photography, reading...
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Work. I want to be independently wealthy! Also less being a slacker.
20. Any new hobbies/interests?
Learned to knit just last Christmas. Also, listening to new music and podcasts. I've become addicted to podcasts bigtime.
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Going to a wedding of a coworker that afternoon. Possibly a burlesque show with Jeanine that night.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Just more in love with hellbob
23. How many one-night stands?
None. I couldn't figure out which hotel room James Marsters was in to molest him.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Just one? Still have much love for my dead shows: Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Farscape. Other addictions are CSI (the Vegas one), L&O:Pervert Hour, Arrested Development, jumped on the Veronica Mars bandwagon this year.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I actually can't think of anyone that I hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
Haven't read many books this year and not really many memorable ones. Enjoyed the heck out of the latest Janet Evanovich books. I also just finished Laurie Notaro's 2nd & 3rd books and she continues to bring teh funny.
27. What was/were your greatest musical discoveries?
Podcasts. Thanks to podcasts I am discovering new groups. I first heard Sunspot on the MacCast podcast. And Jonathan Coulton on the ADDCast. And countless new songs on Coverville. Coverville also reminded me just how much I love cover songs!
I also learned that James Marsters had been in a band and now had a solo album. I downloaded the Ghost of the Robot stuff and fell in love with it and then bought his solo album which is what led to the Epic Road Trip To Toronto.
28. What did you want and get?
Digital Rebel. *grin*
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Serenity!!! We loved it so much that we decided that my dad should have it for Christmas which meant that we also had to buy him a DVD player.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35. What did I do? Hmmm. Don't remember. Have to go check.
Oh yeah. I went to Red Lobster for dinner with my wonderful hellbob, and then we went to see Fantastic Four with genevra, akdar, and lucky13charm.
Also, I issued this demand to my minions: It is my birthday and since I'm 35 now I'm officially middle-aged. I demand Spike/Angel(us), Spike/Xander or Spike/Willow porn to help me forget that I am old!
(Spike/Angel/Xander or Spike/Angel/Willow would be good also). Only one minion delivered. (thanks Spanky!)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting knocked up. Or winning the lottery.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Comfort! I wore pajamas to a movie theater!
34. What kept you sane?
Zoloft, Ritalin, hellbob and the internets.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You're kidding, right? Anyone who doesn't know this one should just drop themselves off my list right now. But for the curious, here is "The List" of my 5, as copied from my user info: James Marsters (Spike!)
Martin Zellar (lead singer of the now defunct band Gear Daddies & all around hottie)
and of these five, Jon Stewart is the only one I haven't been in the same room as... yet!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Katrina mess.
37. Who did you miss?
Kerry, because California is a long way away. All the new internets friends that I haven't met in real life yet.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't meet a lot of new people, but I'd have to say that blond_bear just barely comes in second only to James Marsters, because while she did send me a Christmas card, he's so yummy!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
"Never take ‘No’ from someone who can’t say ‘Yes.’"~Cush
Also, if you don't ask, the answer is always no, so it doesn't hurt to ask.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Even though I've been listening to a lot of new music I suck at quoting lyrics, so I'm not gonna.