Even though I'm not a "writer," I've toyed with the idea of doing an autobiography. Not anything publishable that people want to read, by any means. But it would be a way of recording memories from my life. I'm undecided as to whether I should do it here in LJ, or if I should just keep it to myself to begin with, by typing it into the non-internet world of MS Word.
Here is my grand start to it:
"Hi. My name is Sharon Marie Stelzig. Actually it is Sharon Mxxxx Sxxxxxx Snyder, but since this story starts with my birth and I wasn’t married then, it would be silly to use my married name, now wouldn’t it?
I was born on July 12, 1970 at Kingston General Hospital in Kingston, New York. It was 2:00 in the afternoon. When I was born my parents, Jim and Kathy, had a bit of a surprise. They thought I was going to be a boy. This was in the days before ultrasounds so they had not been told I would be a boy. They apparently just decided I was. I was never given a good reason for why I was to be a boy so in the much maligned view of the middle child I decided it was because they already had a girl so they didn’t need another one.
My sister, Sandra Kathleen Stelzig, is 15 months older than me. Doing the math you can figure out that I was conceived when Sandy was only 6 months old. This shouldn’t be possible because new parents of a six month old are just to tired to do anything which would result in another baby. Well, you can blame my Uncle Bob for me being around. You see, he fell in love with a woman named Caroline and they decided to get married. It was an October wedding and was held in Minnesota. Mom & Dad were still newlyweds at this point, they were at a romantic wedding, on vacation back in Minnesota and didn’t have to worry about their little baby. I’ll just let you figure out what happened because I don’t want to think about it!"
caitirin did a post of 101 random facts about her.
I think I'll do it too... only I'll do random facts about myself, of course, not caitirin
I'll start here. But, this will also go in its own entry at some point because I know I won't come up with all 101 at once.
1. If I'm sitting at a desk or table while eating M & M's, I will eat them one color at a time. Orange is always the first color to go.
2. On my keychain there is a screw that is about 2" long. It used to be in my knee.
3. I was one of the students representing Minnesota at the 1988 International Science & Engineering Fair in Knoxville, TN.
4. I have never been out of the U.S. other than one day trip to Vancouver, Canada and one weekend in Toronto, Canada. I also don't have a passport.
5. When I started college right after high school I was going to get a Zoology degree and be a Zookeeper. (then I discovered that Chemistry is hard!)
6. My parents wanted to give me a typewriter for graduation. I insisted that I would rather have a camera. It was the right choice. Think about it. Do you see me post stories or pictures more?
7. Until I was born (and was silly enough to be a girl instead of a boy) I was going to be named Paul James. I've always regretted not getting James as a middle name anyway, and always been happy that I didn't get Paula as a first name. My first daughter will get James for her middle name.
8. I have never seen Jaws, The Godfather (any of them), or Psycho.
9. I did, however, see Citizen Kane, Casablanca, and Apocalypse Now in a theater on a big screen the first time I saw each.
10. Daddy is a geek. I saw very few movies in the theater before high school when we could drive ourselves. By "very few," I mean less than 10. But since daddy is a geek, some of the movies I did see were Star Wars, Star Trek II Wrath of Khan, ET, Gremlins, and Dune.
11. I joined the Army National Guard in 1990 and went through Basic Training & AIT. I loved it.
Eh. bedtime. I'll copy the start of the list to it's own post tomorrow. As I add to it I will probably do posts of the new additions w/a link to the post of the master list which I will also update at the same time.