I'll LJ Cut it as it gets longer.
1. If I'm sitting at a desk or table while eating M & M's, I will eat them one color at a time. Orange is always the first color to go. Same thing for Necco valentine sweetheart candies. I eat them: purple, orange, yellow, green, pink, white.
2. On my keychain there is a screw that is about 2" long. It used to be in my knee.
3. I was one of the students representing Minnesota at the 1988 International Science & Engineering Fair in Knoxville, TN.
4. I have never been out of the U.S. other than one day trip to Vancouver, Canada and one weekend in Toronto, Canada. I also don't have a passport.
5. When I started college right after high school I was going to get a Zoology degree and be a Zookeeper. (then I discovered that Chemistry is hard!)
6. My parents wanted to give me a typewriter for graduation. I insisted that I would rather have a camera. It was the right choice. Think about it. Do you see me post stories or pictures more?
7. Until I was born (and was silly enough to be a girl instead of a boy) I was going to be named Paul James. I've always regretted not getting James as a middle name anyway, and always been happy that I didn't get Paula as a first name. My first daughter will get James for her middle name.
8. I have never seen Jaws, The Godfather (any of them), or Psycho.
9. I did, however, see Citizen Kane, Casablanca, and Apocalypse Now in a theater on a big screen the first time I saw each.
10. Daddy is a geek. I saw very few movies in the theater before high school when we could drive ourselves. By "very few," I mean less than 10. But since daddy is a geek, some of the movies I did see were Star Wars, Star Trek II Wrath of Khan, ET, Gremlins, and Dune.
11. I joined the Army National Guard in 1990 and went through Basic Training & AIT. I loved it.
12. One of the songs sung at my wedding was "Rainbow Connection" but it was not sung in the Kermit the Frog voice.
13. I have never ever watched a single episode of American Idol.
14. My first celebrity crushes were John Schneider from The Dukes of Hazzard and John Taylor from Duran Duran.
15. I have to go to a taping of the Daily Show, because of the five celebrities on my "I'm allowed to sleep with them" list, I've not slept with any of them but I have been in the same room as four out of the five. I have also met and touched two of them. Jon Stewart is the only one I haven't seen in real life. (The five are James Marsters, Ben Affleck, Patrick Stewart, Jon Stewart and Martin Zellar)
16. I was engaged once before I met hellbob. It was a bad thing and I'm the one who broke it off. I've never once regretted breaking up with him.
17. I once owned 1/3 of a comic book store. It was up in Fargo and one of my business partners is still running the place.
18. I've never seen the Atlantic Ocean despite being born in New York State, and I never saw the Pacific Ocean until I was 32 years old.
19. I've been to the Los Angeles Coroner's Office. They have a gift shop.
20. I'm currently in school part-time working towards a Graphic Design degree. I'm getting a 4.0 average and I will finish my degree. I have to work full time, but I still usually take 6 credits per semester. I took 9 credits one semester and still maintained my 4.0 GPA.
21. I once had to play midwife to a cat.
The first day of ninth grade when I came home from school, our cat Lillie was in labor but she wouldn't lay down in her box. She would wander around not relaxing unless I sat out on the porch with her. Then she would lay in her box and attempt to give birth. Even after the first two kittens were born she wouldn't let me leave. If I tried she started pacing again. She had five kittens in all and we named them Spot, Rover, Lassie, Fido, and Milkshake.
22. Although I was only 5 years old when it happened I still vaguely remember the Bicentennial Independence Day. Neopolitan ice cream didn't have chocolate that year, it had blueberry so that the three colors would be red (ok, more like pink), white and blue. Also, I do remember going to a parade with mom & dad which we pretty much never did after moving to Minnesota.
23. I have never done any illegal drugs except for drinking alcohol before I turned 21.
24. I HATE mustard. It's the smell. I just don't see how it is possible for one to eat something that smells like that!
25. I have had sex outside on the roof of my apartment building.
26. A picture of me was once used in an adoption brochure for The Children's Home Society of Minnesota
27. I have been inside the tiger barn at the Minnesota Zoo once. I didn't get to touch them, but I did get to see the baby tigers get fed. But wow! You think a housecat's litter box smells?
28. A medicated Hellziggy is a happy Hellziggy. I've been on anti-depressants for over ten years now and if I don't have them I am a cranky psycho-bitch from hell! I was never suicidal when depressed, but for most of my life I was never really happy either.
29. Although I don't speak any foreign languages fluently, I can swear in 3. I can say "shit" and "fuck you" in French, I can say "whore" and "asshole" in Spanish, and I can say "fuck you " in Bosnian.
30. When I commit crimes i have to wear gloves because my fingerprints are on file with the Federal government from back when I had secret clearance.
31. I may be the only person ever to have a yahoo email account that has gotten over 5000 emails and not a single one was spam (except the spam from yahoo themselves...)
32. I don't wear white socks. Ever. I don't have any two pairs of socks that are alike. I only have about 3 or 4 pairs that are solid colors with no pattern.
33. I haven't shampooed my hair in almost 5 years. Before you get too grossed out, I do still use conditioner every day.
34. When doing my families genealogy I discovered that I am descended from Richard, Duke of Normandy through his illegitimate son.