Here's how it works:
Comment on this entry that you'd like to play, and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.
The lovely Miss tx_cronopio gave me the letter "M".
1) Money - It's great when you have it & it sucks when you don't! hellbob & I are soooooo fortunate that we are secure financially because when we fled Fargo to come here to the Cities we were penniless.
2) Monkeys - How can you not love monkeys? They're cute & funny! I'm talking the cute little white throated capuchin monkeys & such. I really don't care for either Chimpanzees or Orangutans. And yes, I know that they are not "monkeys" but just as I call all dogs "puppy" I tend to call most primates "monkey" (except tamarins)
3) Martin Zellar - lead singer of the now defunct Gear Daddies. Hot. He's actually on my List. I first saw the Gear Daddies in concert back in 1991. He's still as good looking! OMG, that means it's been 15 years since the first time I saw them! Wow!
4) Movies - I love movies. Luckily hellbob does too. We're particularly fans of Sci-Fi. Yes, we are Geeks. When we went to LA on vacation we did a bunch of the Hollywood touristy stuff, but the high point was definitely the Universal Studios VIP tour. We even got to walk through the prop warehouse!
5) Macintosh - The superior operating system! My laptop, Chiana, is a 15" Mac Powerbook. She has a 1.25Gz processor and 2GB of RAM. She lets me LJ wirelessly, she plays movies, she lets me do my homework where ever I am, she enables me to take legible notes in class, she has all my music, and a lot of my photos. The few times I've tried using a Windows laptop it just doesn't feel right!
6) Minneapolis - Home! I grew up in a suburb of Mpls and even though I spent eight years living in Fargo, ND it was never meant to be a permanent home. Driving home from Fargo I always just felt happy when I would see the Mpls skyline. I remember back when the only TALL buildings were the IDS tower and the Foshay tower. Now you can't even see the Foshay from many angles.
When I was growing up it was rare to go into the city proper even though Dad worked there. But when I was in high school, during the winter before Christmas, Dad would bring me in with him for a day when I was off school. I would set off & wander the skyway system, window shopping, Christmas shopping, and just soaking it all in. This fabulous world that existed on the second floor where you could travel the entire city without going outside.
7) Minnesota Zoo - OK, if you didn't know that I'm a fan of the Minnesota Zoo you probably wandered in lost from somewhere else! There are 2 zoos in the Cities. Como Zoo is the oldest & it's in St. Paul. They date back to the old school cement box with bars zoo philosophy. They've made many improvements since then, but they just don't have a lot to work with.
The Minnesota Zoo, although it is over 25 years old now, the MNZoo is still referred to sometimes as the "New Zoo." They are a leader in species conservation. The first Common Loon ever born in captivity was born there. They have Mexican Grey Wolves instead of Timber Wolves because they are more endangered. One litter born at the Zoo increased the world population of the species by over 2%! They have received the AZA's prestigious Bean award for their work & success with Amur tiger breeding and conservation.
Also, the animals there are just darn cute!
8) Mutant Enemy - Mutant Enemy is Joss Whedon's production company. Joss is God. I love the Whedenverse stuff. Buffy, Angel, Firefly... They're all brilliant. The man is funny & smart.
9) Moose - I have this little stuffed Moose. He travels & poses for pictures. He gets to travel more than me since he fits in a suitcase and I don't! I've had him since 1996, and he's gotten to meet a couple celebrities, including my beloved James Marsters!
and last, but certainly not least,
10) Marsters! James Marsters is my current number one imaginary celebrity boyfriend. He was Spike on Buffy & Angel (and if you don't know that, what are you doing here?) I met him at a convention in Toronto, and I'll be going to another convention in LA in September. He's pretty, he's a hell of an actor, and he can sing.