Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. (This year, it's popular to have it listed on your info page.) The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. (That's why this year we suggest you list 'wish list' under your interests so folks may search.) And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
And now my list. I'm not even sure if I can come up with 10 things...
1. I have an Amazon wish list. It is here Mostly DVDs, some books, some miscellany
2. James Marsters. Seriously, can you just deliver him to my house here? I promise to take good care of him.
3. Two plane tickets to anywhere. I love going on vacations and hellbob & I really only get to travel somewhere about every two years and even then only if we can really get a bargain on airfare.
4. Postcards. I collect them, and I've got ones from all seven continents now, but I can always use more!
5. Adobe Creative Suite 2. But please, no "I've got a hacked copy I can get you." or anything like that. I've got a fully legal copy of CS1 already, I'd just like to upgrade to CS2 at some point.
6. a Wacom tablet that is larger than 4x5. My current one is an Intuos 2 4x5, and I love it, but boys? Bigger really is better.
7. And now for the really impossible wish: There is a James event in England on May 3. The tickets go on sale Saturday. No idea yet how much and it doesn't really matter. The airfare to London was out of the budget, let alone hotel & James tickets. But if someone really wanted to buy tickets for both me & hellbob to get to England and for me to go to the James event, I'd be eternally grateful. Also, probably dead of heart failure, but eternally grateful! Hey, i know it's unrealistic. That's why this is called a *wish* list.
8. I'd love it if all of y'all who are able would go donate blood. It's simple, fast, and will save lives.
9. Donate to your favorite charity too.
10. Oooh. And fun socks. I don't wear white socks. I don't own white socks. I'm not too fussy, just make them colorful. (and I also really don't like anklets. Crew length is good) Cute animals, stripes, polka dots, seasonal, it's all good!
Oh, and my contact info? If I have you friended, just click the hellhouse secret location tag down below to get to the post that it is in.
*edit* Someone on my flist did this wish list meme about a month ago or so and I can't remember who!! Was it you? please comment if it was.
Also, if for some reason you can't find the tag for the secret location, here is the link you get when you clicky: