1. Will Shetterly has put the text of two of his books online for free: Dogland, and its sequel The Gospel of the Knife.
They are both under a Creative Commons "Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported" license. For more information, see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/.
note: I have not read either of these yet, so if you don't like them, don't blame me!
2. Ginormous is a real word now, and RPG doesn't stand for Role Playing Game. Here is a list of some of the words added to the ©2007 update of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition
3. Cool! It's a plastic pocket that attaches to an electrical outlet so that you can put your cell phone, etc in it instead of on the floor when it is charging. Socket Pocket
4. This one is mostly for the Minneapolis people on my flist. Flyspy is a site where you can put in the cities you want to travel from and to and it will show you the fare prices based on your departure date and how many days you will be staying on a chart so it is easy to figure out if flying on a different day will radically change the fare. An interesting example of how just a day or two difference can make a big change in price is the Minneapolis-Austin for 4 nights chart. Over a seven day span, starting w/July 30, the lowest found rates are 7/30-$688, 7/31-$297, 8/1-$394, 8/2-$492, 8/3-$394, 8/4-$297, 8/5-$688. You save over 50% by flying from Mpls to Austin on a Tuesday or Saturday rather than a Sunday or Monday!
Disclaimer time: The dude who made this site is from Mpls, so that is the departure city he did first. It is still the only departure city to choose from although he says more will be added eventually. Also, this appears to just check Northwest Airlines prices. As as you lovely Minnesotans on my flist know, NWA sucks. But they are often the only real option when booking flights. So, this chart will show you their fare fluxuations. But I'd still look into what other airlines have for the days you are booking. If you can get Sun Country for about the same price as NWA you will get HOT FOOD on your flight!
5. This link is especially for hellbob because he got such a kick out of it. This is one of BirdChick's Disapproving Rabbits pages, and at the very top of it is a video of Cinnamon eating a piece of parsley. Seriously adorable!
6. And last, but certainly not least, links to various pages talking about James Marsters' upcoming guest spot on Torchwood.
James said that his role is "going to offend some, titillate others - to the point where they would need to finish themselves off afterwards." While he remained cryptic about the details, Syfyportal says there were implications that something "omnisexual" was going to occur in the episode. HERE
The next fan, from the UK, said she’d ask James if he gets to snog Captain Jack in Torchwood, but that she knew he wouldn’t tell her. “I’d love to snog him! I’ve never seen Captain Jack, but I have a feeling he’s a hot guy!” After that statement, he sang, “Everyone is gay!” (to the tune of “All Apologies.”)
This is part of Whedonopolis' convention report from Fangoria HERE
Here’s what he (John Barrowman) had to say about Marsters’ second-season guest spot: “There’s a scene between he and Jack when they first meet, all I’ll say is, this scene is so hot, so horny, so violent, that all the fans who watch it are going to [er, appreciate it greatly].”
I can’t put on this site what Barrowman actually said, but trust me, it made the scene sound intensely steamy.
From a reporter who got to talk to Barrowman HERE
Yeah, I might be looking forward to that episode a little bit... *grin*