HellZiggy (hellziggy) wrote,

  • Mood:

W. T. F. ? ! ? !

apocalypsos linked earlier to the journal of a girl who's brother was arrested on Monday.
Her 17 year old brother who was just walking back to his car in broad daylight.

Her two journal entries about it are HERE and HERE.

She posted this last night just after they finally found out where he was, after two hours of fearing the worst because he'd missed his curfew.
He is 17 and he is being charged with a gross misdemeanor. He was arrested at 5:30 and he didn't have access to his phone call to let us know. We found out because we panicked when he wasn't home by 9 - his curfew on a school night since tomorrow is the first day of school. After frantically calling his cell over and over to no response we were left to wrack our brains to find some other way to track him down in a large city as we imagined him dead or disappeared forever. Finally, at 11 - fully 5 and a half hours after my *minor* brother had been arrested, a policeman answered the cell they had confiscated from him.

And this quote from her next post tells some of what he went through.
My brother was released at 3:30am yesterday. He was home by 4am and in a haze of exhaustion I hugged him like he had returned from the dead. He woke up again at 7am to go to the first day of his senior year, because he didn't want to miss it.

He still had not been given a phone call. 8 other minors had been arrested with him and of them only one other was released because his father also made numerous calls. The police who answered that boy's phone then proceeded to impersonate him until the father demanded that they give the name of the boy's grandmother, and the police hung up. The rest of those minors have no way of contacting their parents or guardians. There are 7 families who may still think their child is dead or missing.

My brother was held in handcuffs in 88 degree heat for 3 hours without water. He asked for water several times and was refused.

He was patted down numerous times.

He asked to answer his cell, explained that his parents expected him home, and asked for his phone call over and over, and was refused.

They took his mug shots, fingerprints, and intake information twice because they "lost" the first set.

His paperwork says he was arrested at 5:30, but my brother says that it was actually 4:30 and they falsified the paperwork.

It sounds like he may have been in the same roundup as this blogger.

Christ. How tough is it to tell people walking along the river apart from people in black clothes with masks on their faces destroying property? Epic fail, Twin Cities law enforcement. Epic fail. The few things you've gotten right these last few days has rapidly been far outnumbered by the wrong.
Tags: rnc

  • Yum!!!

    hellbob & I went to get some takeout from the new Vietnamese-Thai-Chinese restaurant that just opened up this week in New Hope. O.M.G.…

  • Pizzzzzzzza

    Pizza order called in. Must wait now for delivery. *growl* (that was my stomach piping in)

  • It's that time of year again...

    Fair post the first, Food! Yesterday hellbob & I put on bright orange t-shirts emblazoned w/the Boston Scientific logo and headed over…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.