1. I rarely flock my posts.
2. I don't care if people on LJ know my real name
3. But I don't announce on Facebook that I am HellZiggy!
4. Yes, there's a lot of crossover between the two, but there is also family & coworkers on FB. They don't need to know that I like vampire porn!
5. Do I even need to tell my friends not to cross-post comments they make here?
6. I don't need to tell you. I followed these simple instructions to remove the cross-post option from my LJ's style:
I've seen this on a couple friends pages.
I did this and it worked. Note that it's curly braces around the display:none, and not parentheses.
To get rid of the twitter/facebook repost links in your journal entry comments do the following:
1. Go to your "Journal" menu, and select "Journal Style"
2. To the right, you'll see what theme you're using, with a link stating "Customize Your Theme". Click that link.
3. Scroll down a little ways, and you'll see that on the left side of your screen, you have multiple options to modify your theme. Click on the "Custom CSS" link, and it should load the options for doing Custom CSS.
4. From here, all you have to do is go to the "Custom Stylesheet", and put in that line.
Once that's in there, you want to save the changes, and you should be done. Leave everything else as it is (unless you want to remove more things!).
Because it's tied to the style sheet, if you've got LJ set to always view pages in your style you will never see the ticky boxes on your friends' pages. If you put this in, but your friend is looking at your page in their style which still allows the tickys, I think they will still see ticky boxes on your post. Not a perfect solution, but at least people who are looking at my page with my style won't have the option.
7. It's pretty simple. Just follow Wil Wheaton's advice. Don't be a dick.